Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
roConnect - Stream Videos from you Computer to your Roku Player, Android phone, etc.
03-17-2011, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2011 11:34 AM by rokuconnect.)
roConnect - Stream Videos from you Computer to your Roku Player, Android phone, etc.
If you are looking for a convenient way to connect videos on your computer to your Roku Player, look no further. roConnect is an application suite that allows you to stream videos on your computer to your Roku Player, Android phone, and all other computers on the local network. It provides a great user interface and simplicity so that anyone can use it. For more information check it out at www.ro-connect.com.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2011, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2011 11:34 AM by rokuconnect.)
RE: roConnect - Stream Videos from you Computer to your Roku Player, Android phone, etc.
So maybe you're asking yourself what this is and why would I want it. Imagine being able to take your entire digital movie collection and put it in one place. Take all of your DVDs and put them in one place! No more sifting through DVDs trying to find a movie you want to watch. With roConnect you can easily browse your movies on your Roku Player, Android phone, or any Laptop/PC on the local network. It is simply the same concept as Netflix, but personalized to your movie collection. The roConnect channel on the Roku Player has a simple display that will show all of your movies. And with IMDb integration built right into roConnect you don't have to go looking for cover art or fill out a lot of movie information, it's all done for you! And the great thing about streaming is you can be watching the same movie in multiple locations if you wanted to. So give it a try and I know you'll love it! Check it out at http://www.ro-connect.com
03-24-2011, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2011 11:35 AM by rokuconnect.)
RE: roConnect - Stream Videos from you Computer to your Roku Player, Android phone, etc.
I'm currently working on the Android app part of this project and it is coming along nicely. I think one of the great things for streaming technology is that there are so many devices you can stream. From laptops, to smartphones, to tablet devices. The problem is a solution the conveniently integrates all of those devices to work in harmony, especially when it comes to video streaming. I don't want a copy of my videos on every single machine, and then have to remember which machine that particular video is on when I want to watch it. Having a central storage location and many means to access and stream those files is the future. That has made netflix so popular with its streaming services. The only down-side to netflix is it may not have all the movies you want to watch. That's one of the big reasons I started this project, why not leverage technology to also stream the movie collection you may already have! It is a work in progress but if you like the idea check it out http://www.ro-connect.com. I'm interested in feedback so I can take this product in the direction the consumer wants it. I am moving toward a simple and easy to install solution, and maybe it's not there yet but that's what I'm moving toward!
04-07-2011, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2011 11:35 AM by rokuconnect.)
My Android app for roConnect is finally completed and is ready to be released. I will be releasing the app on the android marketplace in the next two weeks. The android app includes a media player so you have access to all your videos on the roConnect server, a Roku remote so you can remotely control your Roku Player, and a new feature called "roPush". roPush allows you to "push" the movie from your Android phone and resume playing at the exact spot on the roConnect channel on your Roku Player. You can see some updated screenshots of the app on the roConnect Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=186...&aid=40849. Check out http://www.ro-connect.com for more information and updates.

-Saul
06-07-2011, 11:00 PM
roConnect v1.2
roConnect version 1.2 is here and available for download at http://www.ro-connect.com/! roConnect is the best way to stream your video collection from your personal computer to your Roku player, Android device, and network computers.

Server Updates
Version 1.2 provides an improved setup process to help you have your roConnect server up and running in no time. We have also added a more robust error checking system to help avoid any configuration problems. Version 1.2 drops the use of FFMPEG and comes fully integrated with MediaInfo to gather video metadata. We have added several new configuration settings, including the ability to recursively index videos in sub-folders from the designated video folder. Also, when indexing videos you are now provided with a progress bar to keep track of the indexing process.

Android App Release
roConnect is also pleased to announce the release of the roConnect Android app. Now browse your roConnect video library from your Android device and watch your videos right on the device. The app also includes a virtual Roku remote that allows full control of your Roku player, instant channel hopping, and a keyboard. This app also provides our "roPush" feature, allowing users to push any video they are watching on their Android device to their Roku player instantly, resuming exactly where you left off.

roConnect Channel
The roConnect Roku channel has also come with an updated UI and improved error checking to allow users a seamless and improved experience.

Check it out today at http://www.ro-connect.com/!
06-08-2011, 03:59 AM
I do have phones but not that expensive as what you've discussed. I might buy new innovative phone soon. Smile
07-20-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm interested in streaming DVD video content from my PC to my Roku. If I use roConnect will I be able to access DVD files in their native format? I want to preserve the DVD menu structure and advanced features such as subtitles.

Thanks.
08-16-2011, 01:57 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2011 08:43 PM by seniyajw.)
I have not used their services, but I read about this yesterday and it reminded me of your message. You may want to check Limelight RANGE ........ Tera Gold Tera Online Gold
09-01-2011, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2011 03:03 PM by gerrypeter12.)
This app will let you control your Roku player from your phone! Roku Remote acts just like your physical Roku remote.

price in India

Garry Peter