Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Webcasting Equipment & budget
03-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Webcasting Equipment & budget
Hi to all,
I have a small plan to host a webcasting domain for specific target audience by streaming video programs. Please help me figure out the equipments and their costs and the running costs etc ..
I understand there are geeks who can do this in the blink of an eye on this forum. Please try to find time for me as I am just a newbie in this domain. If you need some information please let me know so that I can answer accordingly
Thanks to all
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2011, 05:30 PM
RE: Webcasting Equipment & budget
Hi Kangana,

To get started you need to decide the scale of your operation. Will you be doing all of the webcasts yourself, or would you like free/paid subscribers to do the webcasting? Will these be live events or previously recorded?

To do webcasting, all you need is a webcam and a computer (with internet). The Microsoft LifeCam Cinema webcam is a great place to start. It's 720p HD widescreen and it's around $50.

The next piece is the webcasting domain. You can subscribe to a service for a monthly fee to broadcast.

If you'd like the site to be branded to you, a private, white-label network is the way to go. For more details about branding your own webcasting network you can reach me offline.

Hope this helps,

Alex Inman
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply